[b-hebrew] Tanach book order - different in Christian Bibles

Philippe Wajdenbaum pwajdenbaum at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 1 13:54:22 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

I am new on this list, my name is Philippe Wajdenbaum; I have been following
the discussions for about a week or so. As Daniel seems to be a subject; I
think that Jewish authorities did not consider him as a prophet because he
spoke about an embarassing period of time, wich is the time of the
Hasmoneans. Either you believe in his abilty to predict future, either you
admit the book was written after the facts. In the book of Daniel, in
Hebrew, the orchestra of Nabuchodonosor is made of Greek instruments:
psalterion, caitharis and sumphonia (Dn. 3:5).
For this period is embarassing, the books of Maccabees were rejected -or
never injected- in the Tanakh. Why would the hellenistic period be
embarassing for Jewish authorities? I think that early discussions from this
board in the year 2000, have the answer. The whole Tanakh was written in the
hellenistic period, I 'am afraid, like Thomas L. Thompson and Niels Peter
Lemche claim it.
By the way, Sanhedrin comes from Greek Sunedrion, so if there ever was a
Sanhedrin before that period, it must have had another name.

Regards,

Philippe Wajdenbaum