[b-hebrew] Tanach book order - different in Christian Bibles

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Fri Sep 1 13:52:42 EDT 2006

On 01/09/2006 18:22, Shoshanna Walker wrote:
> 1.  I thought we were talking about the Torah position on this.

Indeed, in the sense of the five books of Moses. And there is nothing in
the Torah about prophets being verified by the Sanhedrin.

How could your Sanhedrin based on the Temple Mount verify Ezekiel who
ministered as a prophet in Babylon? And, if they existed as early as
that, how did they avoid exile themselves? And why is there no mention
of them in any of the books of the Tanakh?
> The source for this is various places in the Oral Torah.

We are not talking about the Oral Torah. Remember that that is not
accepted as authoritative by all on this list, any more than the
teaching of Jesus is.

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Website: http://www.qaya.org/