[b-hebrew] Infinitive absolute -the reference

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 11:36:28 EST 2006

Chris:

The infinite absolute is in verse 28. In verse 29, the verb is merely
an imperfective. While that doesn't get the ox off the hook because of
the context of verse 28, that the owner should be executed as well is
not an infinite absolute, therefore the possibility of being commuted
to a fine, as in verse 30.

As for the example in Jeremiah, all people have acted imperfectly,
therefore none can stand before him. This is God acting, giving a
second chance.

Are there any other examples?

Karl W. Randolph.