[b-hebrew] silver refining-cupellation?

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 10:25:14 EST 2006

Kenneth:

I looked up "cupellation" in Google, and found many sites that explain
it better than I can in a message, so I would refer you there.

I looked up a second Google search for ancient silver refining, and
apparently until the mercury amalgamation technique was invented in
Mexico in the 1500s, cupellation was the only known method for
refining silver.

Karl W. Randolph.