[b-hebrew] 1 Sam 1:28 asked. Karl

Chris and Nel wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Sat Oct 28 12:33:10 EDT 2006

Ok Karl,

That is logical, but how can anyone arrive at that in the hiphil? "I ask"
should then have been in the qal imperfect with Vav consecutive (I'm doing
my best here) or by a totally other construction, (if she was addressing Eli
directly with this question/statement then this would be clear) so obviously
this can not be the writer's intention.

I'm still lost then to the hiphil here.

regards, chris