[b-hebrew] Moses' writing? [was: The New Testament]

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Thu Oct 26 13:46:37 EDT 2006

On 26/10/2006 17:52, K Randolph wrote:
>> 5) The tablets would have had to meet these expected customary forms to be
>> accepted as authoritative... whether or not there was a wall to display
>> them on. In this case, they were placed in a carry-case called an ark
>>

> This is a leap, to say that they had to be tablets.

Karl, I haven't been following all of this in detail, but are you really
trying to deny that the commandments were written on stone tablets? That
seems clear from Exodus 24:12, 31:18, 34:4. The tablets seem to have
been small enough to be carried in his hand, but also large enough for
what was written on them - and it is not clear whether this is to be
understood as just the Ten Commandments but also chapters 21-23. I
suppose the exact meaning of the Hebrew might be reinterpreted, but if
LXT 'BN doesn't mean "stone tablets", of some size or other, what does
it mean?

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Website: http://www.qaya.org/