[b-hebrew] Moses' writing? [was: The New Testament]

JAMES CHRISTIAN READ JCR128 at student.apu.ac.uk
Wed Oct 25 19:48:15 EDT 2006

Rochelle wrote;

Point is: law codes, proclamations, and such like -- all issued under a god
--  were displayed either on large stelae or on large tablets arranged as
wall displays. The Egyptians did it, too.

JCR:

I'm sorry. But this has to be the most ridiculous piece of reasoning I have ever heard. How exactly does one draw a parallel between a well established city and a bunch of fugitives on the run in the desert who sleep in tents and hope that their god will provide them with water for the next day???

Was there actually a thought process that went into the above statement? I am particularly interested to hear more about these 'wall displays'. Do you imagine they made their tents out of portable stone walls and hung up their stone tablets upon them each time they pitched a portable castle in the desert?