[b-hebrew] "HaNiTSaVaH"? Sam 1:26

Chris and Nel wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Wed Oct 25 14:01:32 EDT 2006

Yitzhak Sapir asked:

Perhaps the first question is why you'd predict or think that the
word should be "HaNiTSaVaH"?

Yitzhak Sapir

Hallo Yitzhak, since I was confused over the pointing I naturally searched
through the grammar books including Gesenius and could not find anything;
EXCEPT, that the Niphal Participle feminine Singular Peh-Nun verb is pointed
accordingly, as I have amateurishly written above, (small letters are of
course the vowels). So what is wrong please?  Hebrew is full of deviations
and complex grammatical structures, modern languages never require this
amount of work to learn, so please forgive the simplistic manner in which I
am trying to understand.

Regards, Chris.