[b-hebrew] 1 Samuel 1:26 HaNiTSeVeT????

B. M. Rocine brocine at twcny.rr.com
Wed Oct 25 13:39:47 EDT 2006

Hi Yitzhak,

It doesn't surprise me Chris would expect hannitsvah.  Several, maybe
most, grammars teach the feminine singular participles end with --ah.
They are, of course, teaching "the exception" (to be more precise, let's
call it "the less common form") rather than the rule.  Most feminine
singular participles in the Bible have the --e-et pattern.

Shalom,
Bryan