[b-hebrew] actual Hebrew question about Daniel 9:25

Steve Miller smille10 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 21 21:37:47 EDT 2006

> On 10/20/06, Seth Knorr wrote:
> > Would it violate the text of Daniel 9:24 to state that all 6 purposes
> that where determined could be fulfilled outside the scope of the seventy
> sevens/weeks? ie. A purpose could be fulfilled after the seventy weeks,
> without violating the text and context.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Seth Knorr

[Steve Miller] In order for the statement, "5 years are given to the Detroit
Tigers to win the world series", to be true, the Tigers need to win the
world series within that 5 year time frame. Not afterward. Similarly, the 6
purposes need to be fulfilled within the 70 weeks.

Did Christ fulfill all 6 purposes in His 1st coming?
I do not think so, because the 70 weeks are concerning Daniel's people and
Daniel's holy city.
1. to finish the transgression - yes
2. to make an end of sins - I think not yet for Daniel's people
3. to make reconciliation for iniquity - I think not yet for Daniel's people
4. to bring in everlasting righteousness - I think not yet for Daniel's
people
5. to seal up the vision and prophecy - no. This will happen in Zech. 13:2-5
6. to anoint the holy of holies - no. Since it is concerning Daniel's holy
city, this must be the physical holy of holies in Jerusalem.
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceinwilderness.info