[b-hebrew] My Final Post Before I can love I must have peace and before I have peace I must have truth All about the Hebrew Bible/Language

Ethel Jean (Kowan) Saltz macnietspingal at airmail.net
Wed Oct 18 15:40:10 EDT 2006

Todah for letting me unload.  I've been restless for a long time.  This
discussion with y'all has helped me find the peace my brain requires.

I am terrified of everyone I meet because of the following:

I think every high school USA student should know the following:

1. Every time the word "Lord" is used, it should be YHWH.

2. The word "Law" in the New Testament is really "Torah".

3.  All Christians should study Talmud.

The above is my Emet.

This is my Shalom, this Britannica article:

Opposition to the Talmud

Despite the central place of the Talmud in traditional Jewish life and
thought, significant Jewish groups and individuals have opposed it
vigorously. The Karaite sect in Babylonia, beginning in the 8th century,
refuted the oral tradition and denounced the Talmud as a rabbinic
fabrication. Medieval Jewish mystics declared the Talmud a mere shell
covering the concealed meaning of the written Torah, and heretical messianic
sects in the 17th and 18th centuries totally rejected it. The decisive blow
to Talmudic authority came in the 18th and 19th centuries when the Haskala
(the Jewish Enlightenment movement) and its aftermath, Reform Judaism,
secularized Jewish life and, in doing so, shattered the Talmudic wall that
had surrounded the Jews. Thereafter, modernized Jews usually rejected the
Talmud as a medieval anachronism, denouncing it as legalistic, casuistic,
devitalized, and unspiritual.

There is also a long-standing anti-Talmudic tradition among Christians. The
Talmud was frequently attacked by the church, particularly during the Middle
Ages, and accused of falsifying biblical meaning, thus preventing Jews from
becoming Christians. The church held that the Talmud contained blasphemous
remarks against Jesus and Christianity and that it preached moral and social
bias toward non-Jews. On numerous occasions the Talmud was publicly burned,
and permanent Talmudic censorship was established.

On the other hand, since the Renaissance there has been a positive response
and great interest in rabbinic literature by eminent non-Jewish scholars,
writers, and thinkers in the West. As a result, rabbinic ideas, images, and
lore, embodied in the Talmud, have permeated Western thought and culture.

So now I can have Ahavah.

I promis y'all I'll not respond any more.  I will still be receiving your
digest and learn with y'all.