[b-hebrew] Septuagint and Hebrew Bible both say 70 souls inDeuteronomy 10...

Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com
Wed Oct 18 12:27:28 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/17/2006 10:11:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
smille10 at sbcglobal.net writes:

> The MT does not say who the missing 4 were in the 66 total, but I figure
> they are Joseph, Manasseh, Ephraim and Simeon, because they were already in
> Egypt before Jacob came.

Thank you, Steve.  I have been looking for this answer, I knew it was
something reasonable but I couldn't put my finger  on it.  Joseph, his wife, and
their two children would bring it to seventy.  Didn't realize Simeon was there
with his family.  Good solution.  Where did you find that Simeon was in already
in Egypt?

Doug.
Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
Tejas Valley