[b-hebrew] Common Sense

Ethel Jean (Kowan) Saltz macnietspingal at airmail.net
Wed Oct 18 10:59:49 EDT 2006

Now that I've read the Ecclesiasticus article from the Britannica and
pondered.

Can we consider Common Sense, Sekhel Ha-Yashar, Logos 2. as "common sense"?
;)

Further would Logos have a different meaning in the Septuagint than it has
in the New Testament?
Since we all now KNOW that Ecclesiasticus was originially a Hebrew
production. I'm getting the idea more&more that there always were two kinds
of Jews in the Diaspora, the Babylonian Jews and the Greek Jews.  Just like
there are Sephardic Jews and Ashkenazi Jews.  Right now, Israeli Jews and
USA Jews and European Jews.  All finally united by the Hebrew Language c.
1990.

Merriam Webster:
 Main Entry: Lo£gos
Pronunciation: ‚l‹-ƒgäs, -ƒg‹s
Function: noun
Inflected Form: plural Lo£goi  \-ƒg•i\
Etymology: Greek, speech, word, reason— more at legend
Date: 1587

1 : the divine wisdom manifest in the creation, government, and redemption
of the world and often identified with the second person of the Trinity
2 : reason that in ancient Greek philosophy is the controlling principle in
the universe