[b-hebrew] Septuagint vs Hebrew, effect on Christianity

Harold Holmyard hholmyard at ont.com
Mon Oct 16 16:24:51 EDT 2006

Schmuel wrote:

> Harold, I notice how you simply continue to (snip) the discussion of the Richard Anthony
> page that you previously sanctioned as a 'review' despite being shown to be a
> trash piece.  You could at least acknowledge what a disaster it was, and withdraw his
> and your (by support) accusations of Floyd Jones 'lying' while you continue
> to look for more substantive counterpoints to the Floyd Nolen Jones article.
>
> Why not fulfill your own responsibilities in bringing the discussion to a scholarly level.
> Are you accusing Floyd Jones of 'lying' or not ?

HH: I cited Anthony as an article criticizing
Floyd Jones in such a way as to make his writing
not seem good, or attractive. That was my
impression, to which I am entitled. I gave the
link so others could see for themselves. You bring
up a strange point and then want me to read a 50
page book. I had no interest in your point in the
first place, which I believe contradicts all good
sense. Why should I want to read a 50 page book
about it? My citation of a critical piece simply
noted the criticism. It did not endorse it or even
consider it. By the way, Anthony has many points,
and a number of them seem valid.

People don't have to follow every scholarly rabbit
trail to be scholars. Part of scholarship is
knowing when not to do so, and when an idea is
unrealistic and bad. Life is short; why waste it
eating bad food for the mind? It may be good for
you, but most of the truth in Jones' article,
insofar as I have read it, I already knew.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard