[b-hebrew] Septuagint vs Hebrew, Josephus and Philo

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Mon Oct 16 15:13:01 EDT 2006

On 16/10/2006 23:58, Harold Holmyard wrote:

> HH: All sorts of things happened to ancient texts.
> However, it is perfectly obvious to me that the NT
> borrows from the Greek OT. It is perfectly obvious
> that the Greek OT preceded the birth of Christ. It
> is perfectly obvious that the early church used
> the Greek OT.

You mean, you presuppose that this is true because you have heard it
said, and you are not prepared to examine evidence which may suggest
something different, whereas you accept without critical examination the
libels of those who seem to support your own presuppositions. Is that a
wise scholarly approach to such issues? I can understand some caution,
but that does not justify bad-mouthing those who are trying to examine
the evidence more carefully.

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Website: http://www.qaya.org/