[b-hebrew] Septuagint vs Hebrew, effect on Christianity

Harold Holmyard hholmyard at ont.com
Mon Oct 16 12:52:58 EDT 2006

Schmuel wrote:

>>> Harold, that is not a "review", not even close.
>
>> HH: Yes, it is a review, though not as formal as you might like.
>
> So you are defending the blatant and obvious mistakes and misrepresentations
> that Richard Anthony makes in order to  cry 'liar, liar' ?

HH: I admit that Anthony misunderstood Jones'
argument about Methusaleh, and Jones was right on
that point.

HH: I did not read the whole Anthony article. My
point was that people found much to criticize in
Jones' article, so Jones' article did not seem
good on that basis.

HH: You made a strange assertion and then backed
it up with an article that I found lambasted. Your
article turns out to have some significant factual
problems. Neither source seems reliable, Anthony
or Jones.

HH: Anthony evidently regards the Septuagint
highly and does not like to see it smeared. There
is no doubt that this article by Jones smears the
Septuagint.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard