[b-hebrew] Psalm 22:16

Steve Miller smille10 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 14 20:02:06 EDT 2006

> From: Vadim Cherny Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:44 AM
>
> To omit a verb is extremely common in informal literature, such as
> prayers,
> and to a lesser extent psalms. The phrase runs, like a lion [e.g.,
> threaten]
> my hands and feet.
>
> Vadim Cherny

[Steve Miller] Vadim, can you please give me 3 examples of a missing action
verb from the Tanach? Of course, do use an example of a missing stative
verb, nor a case where the verb is in the 1st 1/2 of a verse, but omitted in
a parallel 2nd 1/2 because it is implied by repetition.
thanks,
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceinwilderness.info