[b-hebrew] Septuagint vs Hebrew, effect on Christianity

Steve Miller smille10 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 14 18:48:00 EDT 2006

[Steve Miller] Yes, very interesting. There are 3 Tanach verses involved here. The MT consistently has 70, whereas the LXX has 75 in both Gen 46:27 & Exo 1:5. In Gen 46:20 LXX gives the names of 5 additional descendants of Joseph.
The DSS does not have Gen 46:20 or 27, but it has Exo 1:5 and it says 75, agreeing with the NT and LXX. The Samaritan Pentateuch says 70 agreeing with the MT.
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceinwilderness.info