[b-hebrew] Hebrew/Septuagint/NT

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 14:53:13 EDT 2006

John:

The question was not are there any allusions from Tanakh in the New
Testament, but were they direct from the Hebrew or mediated through
the LXX?

I say they were direct from the Hebrew, given the identities of the
writers and the levels of their Greek knowledge.

Also, as Steven Avery brought up, how many of the LXX verses were
adjusted to fit more closely with New Testament citation?

My contention is that had LXX not existed, Christian theology as
presented in the New Testament would have been the same, the LXX being
irrelevant.

Karl W. Randolph.