[b-hebrew] Times

Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com
Fri Oct 13 13:34:29 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/12/2006 11:22:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il writes:

> Dear Doug,
>
> Interesting concepts, but what are they based on?. Why should the word "(et"
> not mean just "time" in general? The common word for "year" is "Shanah".
>
> And what are "prophetic years" and "prophetic months"? Why would they have
> to be round numbers of days? The month used in ancient Israel was a lunar
> month of 28 or 29 days - so why would a prophet mean 30? And the common
> (non-intercalated) year was 354 days. When a prophet says that something
> would happen "in a year's time", he means "next year at this time", and I
> doubt if anyone would complain if he was a few days off. For a prophet to
> use numbers other than what his audience would relate to would make the
> prophecy meaningless.
>
> Besides, what does this psalm have to do with prophecy. It is a prayer of
> praise and entreating.
>
> Yigal Levin

Golly, Yigal, I don't know the answers to your whys.  I only know that a
prophetic year is based upon 360 day and that equal "a time" prophetically, and a
prophetic month is based upon a 30 day cycle; so, time, times,and half time is
equivalent to 3.5 years, or 42 months of 30 equal days.  And they knotched
they staffs, or knotted their belts to keep track of time.  If you mathmatically
calculate the 490 weeks of years in Daniel using the 30 day formula you will
find Israel returning to the land in 1948.

I don't know
Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
Tejas Valley
San Antonio, Texas