[b-hebrew] (TTY in Psalm 31:16 [Was: Times]

Yonah Mishael yonahmishael at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 22:51:24 EDT 2006

As a note on the verse in question:

On 10/12/06, Yonah Mishael <yonahmishael at gmail.com> wrote:
> BYDK (TTY HCYLNY MYD-)WYBY WMRDPY
> בידך עתתי הצילני מיד־אויבי ומרדפי

David was acknowledging that it was not yet his time to die because
God had rescued him from the power of his enemies and his pursuers. In
essence, he was saying that there was a higher purpose to his ability
to escape those who wanted to kill him, and he was attributing that
purpose to God by saying that "my times are in your power," which
means "when I was born; when I did; when I fall into trouble; when I
rejoice — all of these things are not in my power, but in yours."

Best regards,
Yonah Mishael