[b-hebrew] Daniel 9:24 70 weeks are decided (singular verb)

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 13:50:55 EDT 2006

Kenneth:

Collective nouns can take either singular or plural verbs depending on
if one emphasizes the group or the individuals in the group. The same
with a grouping of objects, though usually with the plural, less
commonly with the singular.

Given that, the seventy sevens are being taken as a group, as
indicated by the singular verb.

Karl W. Randolph.