[b-hebrew] Use of Gentile/Heathen People or nation?

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:59:43 EDT 2006

Seth:

GWY refers to a nation as a body politic, used of Israel as well, e.g.
Exodus 19:5. In the plural and in context, because Israel was one
nation, it refers either to all nations or to the nations other than
Israel (context tells the difference).

(M refers to a people as what we today would call an ethnic grouping.

I hope this helps.

Karl W. Randolph.