[b-hebrew] Judges 16:30 - Verb with no use, MY PROBLEM!

B. M. Rocine brocine at twcny.rr.com
Thu Oct 5 23:09:50 EDT 2006

Hi Yonah,

Well, since we got a "WOW" out of you, let me press the issue.

You accept that the wayyiqtol sentence is story line.  Explain how the
expression of a state or condition such as "they were naked" can be part
of a story line.

I think you are right that the sentence with the wayyiqtol verb is part
of the story line, but *your English sentence* sounds like background
instead.

My English sentence does sound like story line.

I seem to be disagreeing with your translation, but it is really more
than that.  I think I disagree with you about what the Hebrew sentence
means.

Shalom,
Bryan

--