[b-hebrew] Judges 16:30 - Verb with no use, MY PROBLEM!

B. M. Rocine brocine at twcny.rr.com
Thu Oct 5 12:34:54 EDT 2006

Hi Kelton,

Re Gen 2:25, they came into being naked.  That means from the start,
from their being created, they were naked.  The verse is not just saying
that they were naked (read verbless clause, sheneyhem `arumiym).  It is
stating that they came about or came into being naked (read wayyiqtol
clause, vayyihyu sheneyhem `arumiym).

Re 2Chr 20:25, we can read it "three days transpired (vayyihyu)
plundering the spoil..." or "Those plundering the spoil did their thing
(vayyihyu) three days..."  I think the word order recommends the former.

Shalom,
Bryan

--
B. M. Rocine