[b-hebrew] Past Tense in Ex. 12:13

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Thu Oct 5 09:39:03 EDT 2006

The translation I use, has it translated future tense, as that is the meaning.

Shoshanna

	What I'm curious about, of course, is the fact that he uses past
tense verbs to describe events that are yet in the future.  Instead of "When
I see the blood, I will pass over you," as per our English translations, in
the Hebrew it's literally, "When I saw the blood, I passed over you."

Gary

EARLIER POST:

             What is the significance of the past tense verbs in Ex. 12:13
("When I saw the blood, I passed over you")?

Gary Hedrick
San Antonio, Texas USA
garyh at cjfm.org