[b-hebrew] Judges 16:30 - Verb with no use, MY PROBLEM!

B. M. Rocine brocine at twcny.rr.com
Wed Oct 4 18:44:15 EDT 2006

Dear Yonah,

Below are some "late" examples of HYH clearly meaning "became" *without*
lamed.  A couple cases have lamed in the sentence but not on the
predicate nominative.

Actually, most cases where lamed is used throughout the Tanakh refer to
the special case of the transfer of a thing from the possession of one
party to another.

2 Chr 17:12 vayhiy yehoshaphat holek vegadel `ad lema`elah
And Yehoshaphat continued to grow great...

Eze 19:3 kephiyr hayah
like a lion he became...

Eze 23:10 vattehiy shem lannashiym
she became famous...