[b-hebrew] help needed

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Wed Oct 4 17:03:53 EDT 2006

Hi Doug,

Could you give us more to go on? Which Ephrathah? Do you mean the place on
which road to Rachel was buried? Why do you assume that it would be on any
map?

The Sacred Bridge atlas (A.F. Rainey and R.S. Notley, Carta, Jerusalem,
2006), p. 115, has a map showing the wanderings of Jacob and sons, which has
"Ephrath (Bethlehem)" marked. If you want I can scan and email you the page.

However, this is simply based on the tradition that Ephrath and Bethlehem
are one and the same, and that that is where Rachel is buried. There is a
lot of literature that debates this tradition.

Yigal Levin