[b-hebrew] Psalm 22:16 - daqar as pierced ?

Moshe Shulman mshulman at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 1 10:10:56 EDT 2006

At 01:11 AM 9/30/2006, you wrote:
>Moshe:
>In looking at the photograph that Yitzhak Sapir unearthed (he's really
>good at finding information on the web) I have to disagree with you.
>Looking both at the enhanced line, and at the recognizable yods and
>waws on the rest of the scrap, that is clearly a waw, not a yod. Other
>waws have that little hat that you mention.
>I was surprised how much the image can be magnified without pixellating.

I am still quite busy but I wanted to get this off for Karl to give
him some food for thought.

OK look better. :) Compare the vov (yud) with the yod in the word
m'reiyim (which is also elongated). Both are similar with a similar
sharp down point to the left on top. This is commonly found in yods.
The vov in the previous word has a top but it does not have the sharp
down point. My vote is still that this yud is like the one two words
earlier. Personally I think this scribe gets a C- for handwriting. :)