[b-hebrew] comparative historical linguistics was Re: Nun-Tav-Vet root

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 28 21:47:29 EST 2006

Hi Karl,

We do have some evidence of updating of the language beyond Matres
Lectionis. Something of a "paper trail" (to use your words) may be seen
in the differences between biblical texts found at Qumran and those of
Masada. Very interesting reading, for example, is:

Young, Ian. 2002. "The Stabilization of the Biblical Text in the Light
of Qumran and Masada: A Challenge for Conventional Qumran Chronology."
Dead Sea Discoveries 9: 364-390.

If you don't have access, I can supply a copy.

Regards,
David Kummerow.

On 11/28/06, *K Randolph* <kwrandolph at gmail.com> <mailto:b-hebrew%40lists.ibiblio.org?Subject=%5Bb-hebrew%5D%20comparative%20historical%20linguistics%20was%20Re%3A%0A%09Nun-Tav-Vet%20root&In-Reply-To=456C7EBE.60101%40qaya.org> wrote: