[b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Sat Nov 25 04:45:40 EST 2006

On 25/11/2006 00:54, davidfentonism at aim.com wrote:
>   Karl, are you saying the NT church makes a distinction between "freedom from observance of the law" versus "freedom from the penalty of the law" or have they combined the two? It appears to me the two ideas are combined in one doctrine which asserts both 'freedoms.' Examples include their Sunday 'sabbath' and anti-Torah doctrines. (I am not Jewish and was, indeed, raised in the 7th-Day Adventist church.)

This is not the place to discuss such things, especially the
theologically difficult but important issue you raise in the first
sentence. But I would like to point out that "Sunday 'sabbath' and
anti-Torah doctrines" is a distortion of most Christian teaching. Please
don't stir up dissension between Jews and Christians by portraying
Christianity in terms which are both inaccurate and potentially
offensive to Jews.

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Website: http://www.qaya.org/