[b-hebrew] comparative historical linguistics was Re: Nun-Tav-Vet root

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Fri Nov 24 09:07:20 EST 2006

Recall what I said: The vowels I, U (as well as what I consider the
latter, O,E) represent in Hebrew personal pronouns. In nouns they
refer to the object itself;  in verbs they refer to the actors. The
sound A is a mere gasp between consonants. Ancient man did not utter
U and I for nothing. Don't reject this idea off hand. Give it a
thought and a trial. If you accept it, then the Hebrew grammar will
appear to you in a new bright light.
Isaac Fried