[b-hebrew] Karl and others - question marks instead of something else???

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 04:21:58 EST 2006

On 11/22/06, Kim wrote:
> I see the question marks too, no matter what
>   encoding I used, even the Unicode Yitshak
>   Sapir suggested which did work for some
>   of the messages with Hebrew script (so thankful
>   for that suggestion).
>   Took up Karl's suggestion and read it
>   in the B-Hebrew archives - no problems there.

In the message below everyone will see question marks.
Because Chris originally did not read the message using
Unicode, so when he replied, his reply substituted question
marks for characters he could not read.  However, Karl's
message below was sent using unicode:

> > Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:50:52 -0800
> > From: "K Randolph"
> > Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Nun-Tav-Vet root
> > To: B-Hebrew
> >
> > Chris:

as can be seen from the "Content-Type" header above.  I just made
a test with my Yahoo account.  Yahoo Accounts now has a "Beta"
mode where the Hebrew is correctly displayed.  In the original mode,
you have to select an Encoding of "Unicode (UTF-8)" for it to work.

Yitzhak Sapir