[b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms, was: "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 17:53:51 EST 2006

Harold:

On 11/21/06, Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk at concentric.net> wrote:
> We weren't talking about the kind of grace that chen means.  And no,
> chesed does not refer to "grace" in the sense of absolving someone
> from responsibility, as there is not that concept, of being absolved
> from responsibility, in the Torah.
>
> Shoshanna

Shshanna is right.

I just did a search of my dictionary, and found that there is no word
that I listed as having the meaning of "grace".

The closest I can find is the concept of being justified, i.e.
accounted just. An example is Genesis 15:6 concerning Abraham, implied
also in Habakkuk 2:4.

Karl W. Randolph.