[b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms, was: "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Tue Nov 21 04:32:48 EST 2006

On 21/11/2006 02:18, K Randolph wrote:
> David:
>
> Whereas the Greek meaning of grace outside of the New Testament may
> have had the meaning of freedom from the observance of the law, inside
> the New Testament it had the Hebrew understanding of freedom from the
> penalty of the law.

What Hebrew and Greek words are we talking about? Which words in either
language to you consider to have this meaning "freedom from the penalty
of the law", and on what basis? For the Hebrew, "I look for actual uses
in Tanakh, not some speculation based on disputable theories." For the
Greek, similarly from the New Testament but perhaps that should be offlist.

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Website: http://www.qaya.org/