[b-hebrew] Nun-Tav-Vet root

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 03:26:42 EST 2006

On 11/21/06, Isaac Fried wrote:
> I am sorry that I have to put it so blatantly, but I am afraid that you are
> living in a fundamental misunderstanding about the innate nature of the
> Hebrew language.
> ---Isaac Fried

Dear Isaac,

I also often disagree with Karl's understanding of Hebrew, but I think this
post was pretty much correct.  In his other post, he apparently even
considered the possibility where the root (GL may have two basic
meanings.  However, rather than making accusations at Karl, may I
ask you to further elaborate and substantiate what you wrote below
in this sentence:

> In fact, the extension of נתיב is at once upward, widthwise,
> and lengthwise.

Yitzhak Sapir