[b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Mon Nov 20 17:00:16 EST 2006

On 20/11/2006 21:50, davidfentonism at aim.com wrote:
> But in the case of the (paleo) Hebrew, its very alphabet (i.e., its characters) are derived from pictograms of the things Adam named (e.g., animals, trees, father, etc.). This is what I have read, at least. ...

Yes, and it is equally true of our alphabet, which is as much derived
from palaeo-Hebrew as the more modern Hebrew alphabet is. With some of
our letters it is still obvious in the forms: "O" is derived from a
picture of an eye (Hebrew `ayin, also a circle in palaeo-Hebrew), "M" is
derived from a picture of water (waves) (Hebrew mem/mayim).

So what?

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Website: http://www.qaya.org/