[b-hebrew] Haggai 2:7 and Isaiah 41:22

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 09:45:48 EST 2006

Steve Miller wrote an email on November 19 about Haggai 2:7 having a
singular noun "desire" used with a plural verb and the word "us" in Isaiah
41:22 being about G-d.

Can't Haggai 2:7 be the plural "desires" or "desired things" the way it is
spelled? Do all plural nouns (feminine) have to have the vav and tav at the
end written out to show the word is plural? Aren't the desired things the
silver and gold mentioned next? I know this was all discussed before, but
honestly it was a little too difficult for me to understand since I am not
that educated like other people on this list. I need an easier explanation,
if possible.

Also about the "us" in Isaiah 41:22, couldn't that be about the isles and
people G-d said to come near and talk and make a decision in Isaiah 41:1?
Isaiah 41:5 discusses how the isles make idols, so G-d wants them to tell
the future in Isaiah 41:21-22, so G-d, the isles, and the peoples of Isaiah
41:1 can decide if the idols are real gods or not.

Kenneth Greifer