[b-hebrew] We and us

Ethel Jean (Kowan) Saltz macnietspingal at airmail.net
Wed Nov 15 16:42:43 EST 2006

Also the Koran is full of "we's" instead of I's.  Isn't the Koran closer to
the culture of that time?  Even RaMBaM enjoyed Arabic as a rich language.

And don't forget when you are sick and the nurse comes in and aks that
annoying "and how are we feeling today? :) Very annoying:)

So I/We/You have plenty of variations in the use of pronouns :)  In fact, it
can cause lots of disturbances in communications.  Like WE KNOW when it's
only your opinion:)

Which then gets us off the subject of anu and anachnu.  Both meaning "we" in
my unscholary Webster New World.   Wow, I didn't realize I hadn't looked it
up in the English sentence.

We, pronoun 1. Anachnu   2. Anu (syn. for I)

So Anu is like the Koran and the irritating nurse who actually uses "we" as
a syn. for "you".  ???
"