[b-hebrew] "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 22:10:51 EST 2006

On 11/15/06, Harold Holmyard wrote:
> Shoshanna Walker wrote:
>
> HH: The Bible is a theological message.
>
> > Yes, and it's ours - the Jews'. No matter how much others want it for
> > themselves.
>
> HH: Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles, too.
> Yes, of Gentiles, too.

> Rom. 3:1 What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is
> there in circumcision?
> Rom. 3:2 Much in every way! First of all, they have been entrusted with
> the very words of God.

So why do you dispute Shoshanna?  Anyhow, I fail to see what this post
has to do with the Hebrew Bible.  It is quotes from the book of Romans
ascribed to the apostate Paul, whose identification as a Jew cannot be
taken at face value as representative of Jewish thought, especially when
what you are quoting is apparently how Paul represents Christianity to
non-Jews.

Yitzhak Sapir