[b-hebrew] Genesis 2:15 and 2:17 is garden feminine?

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 18:43:45 EST 2006

One thing that is being overlooked here is the use for "the day".

It is well known that when connected with a number, that "day" refers
to a single day, or the number of days mentioned by the number. But
when used as a generality, both in Biblical Hebrew and English, it can
refer not only to a day, but to an unspecified period of time. For
Adam, the dying started at the eating of the fruit, but didn't reach
its conclusion until 930 years later.

Karl W. Randolph.