[b-hebrew] "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Sun Nov 12 23:04:16 EST 2006

I don't say that the Desire of Women is Israel, I said that the Most
Desirable of Women, is Israel - I was only quoting Rashi.

Similarly, what is "Chemdat Yamim?", a well known phrase (I don't
know the source) - is it something that 'days' desire - the Desire of
Days - or is it The Most Desirable of Days?  Which makes more sense?

Shoshanna

	Lawrence M. Wills, in the Jewish Study Bible annotation to this
passage, concurs that this is a reference to the Mesopotamian god Tammuz
(Ezek. 8:14).  I'm not sure where Shoshanna gets the idea that the Desire of
Women is Israel.  I have checked Talmud (Bavli) and other rabbinic sources
and I don't see anything like this.