[b-hebrew] A Puzzle - find the catchword

Chris and Nel wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Sun Nov 12 11:59:18 EST 2006

Deut 24 in verse 16.  Where is the catchword that relates an apparently
inconsistent or out of place clause to the whole subject just gone before?
This is not my idea but Ehud Ben Zvi's. I presume it is the word: BeCHeTow
(his sin).  What is even more baffling, (pull out hair moment) is that he
says that this incongruent statement has been inserted here probably as a
response to Exodus 22:20-23.  What is he talking about for goodness

The problem with this book is that he asks so many questions and asks you to
think about things but there are absolutely NO explanations or suggestions
on his part.  You are left to fend for yourself!  I'm doing my best,
discarding many things into the 'never-can-find-out-closet'  --  but now
this comment annoys me sufficiently to get it off my chest!!

Thankyou

Chris
Ireland.