[b-hebrew] Lev 5:22 (Hebrew Version) The noun AVeyDaH

Chris and Nel wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Fri Nov 10 11:39:24 EST 2006

I am having problems understanding this so called 'sere impure' which is
described in the dictionary under this word AVeyDaH (something lost).  Had I
seen this word without the vowels I would have said that it was a feminine
participle and translated it as "someone or something which is lost,
(obviously I know that it is a noun).  But having read the lexicon and seen
this I am actually more confused, trying to apply reverse logic I assume
that if this "noun" was not with a 'sere impure'? then it would have been
pointed as AVDaH or AVaDaH????????  I really have no idea!

Can someone please explain.  What would it be IF this was not a 'sere
impure' (whatever that is supposed to mean)?