[b-hebrew] Inf Absolute History against the Inf. Const?

Chris and Nel wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Wed Nov 1 15:36:58 EST 2006

Reading Karl's and Joel's responses I wonder if anyone could tell me if
there are sources on the web where I can read about the history of the
absolute and construct, since I believe that they followed different paths
of development. I would of course be just as happy to read your replies as
an introduction, since I am not able to plough intelligently through
comprehensive analytical discussions especially when constant references are
made to other ANE languages.  Also as an introduction are these sort of
forms seen in ancient texts?  If so are they used as merely 'emphatic
particles'?

Many Regards

Chris Watts
Ireland.