[b-hebrew] infinitive absolute

Yonah Mishael yonahmishael at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 00:41:02 EST 2006

Joel,

So, if the infinitive absolute is not intended to emphasize the
activity, what is its purpose? There must be a purpose for the added
verbal form in conjunction with the main verb, else why was it added?

I completely agree with the -N- infix, though I had never read
anything about someone thinking it was an intensifier. Thanks for your
response, though.

Yours,
Yonah

--