[b-hebrew] Also asking a question - Re: YHWH is Aramaic?

sujata shevaroys at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 30 23:35:30 EDT 2006

Couldnt it be that YHWH is just the sound  by which God is known since the name YHWH simply appears without any introduction or explanation in Gen 2:4 and is shortened to just YAH in the psalms?

Best,
  Sujata

Karl Randolph <kwrandolph at email.com> wrote:
  Rolf:

What a beautiful description of ancient Hebrew
theology, but is it a translation?

I agree with you that the idea is meant in the
words used, but apart from adding that sentence
cannot be rendered in English because of the
limitations of the English language in rendering
Hebrew ideas.

Karl W. Randolph.