[b-hebrew] YHWH is Aramaic?

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Fri Jun 30 14:26:29 EDT 2006

No, I was talking about verse 14, where He is answering Moshe's
question, what should I tell them, and where Rashi says He is telling
Israel that He will be with them.

Verse 12 is just G-d reassuring Moshe, and is not a mention of one of
G-d's names.

I just read that actually B'nei Yisrael knew G-d's names and were not
asking that, but Moshe was saying that once they accepted him as
G-d's emissary, they would want to know which of G-d's attributes He
would manifest in the course of redeeming them from Egypt.  (Ramban,
who answers this question as I wrote previously)    So from that
perspective, G-d didn't fail to answer Moshe's question.

Shoshanna