[b-hebrew] YHWH is Aramaic?

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Fri Jun 30 07:33:58 EDT 2006

On 30/06/2006 05:21, Shoshanna Walker wrote:
> He is talking to B'nai Yisrael through Moshe - saying He will be with
> them, not with Moshe.  Moshe asked G-d - what should he say to them?

No, not if we are talking about Exodus 3:12. In that verse YHWH says
'EHYEH `IMMAK, "I am/will be with you (singular)", cf. KJV "I will be
with thee". This singular "you" must refer to Moses alone, not to the
Israelites. There is a change to plural "you" only in the last clause of
this verse, "you will worship God on this mountain".

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Website: http://www.qaya.org/