[b-hebrew] YHWH is Aramaic?

Oun Kwon kwonbbl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 22:06:47 EDT 2006

Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:47:00 EDT
Solomon Landers <Awohili at aol.com> wrote:

<clipped>

SL:  "I am" is only one possible English translation for ehyeh.  Even the
King James Version translates ehyeh as "I will be" at Exodus  3:12.

OJK:  As with Ex 3:14 I am not sure why this has to be put into
English future tense. Umteen translations have it "I will be' except
one. The context does not demand this to be a  future event (i.e.
promise). Like for the meaning of His name, it is ever present
(Ur-present) for the divine being. What He says to Moses is 'I am with
you, not only there but here also, before, now and  in future'.

His name (in v. 14ff) is also something to do with His being (not
futurish thing except in a context of revelation).

<clipped>

Oun Kwon.